Banner

Wednesday, October 7, 2015


Washington at Atlanta

48 Points  Atlanta -7

This is not as cut and dry as I thought this matchup would be looking at the schedule back at Week 1.  According to the stats (and not logic), Washington’s Defense is ……..good?   Their rushing defense is actually second best in The NFL right now, and their passing Defense is top 10.  I don’t think The Falcons score 48 points this week like they did last week.  I also don’t think Freeman scores another 3 touchdowns, like he has the past 2 weeks, against this defense.  Technically, The Skins really only shut down Lamar Miller, Tre Mason, Rashard Jennings and Murray/ Ryan Mathews, so it hasn’t REALLY been proven that this run D is that great.  BUT, since Freemans is now so expensive, AND I think his ownership will still be sky high, I will not be playing him this week.  (On a side note, my choice NOT to play Freeman last week, and play Latavius Murray in his place, across the board, cost me legit $1,000’s of dollars in lost winnings.)   Matt Ryan should have a productive game, but isn’t one of my top 3 QB’s this week.  Julio Jones had dud last week, but it wasn’t his fault.  The Falcons crushed The Texans early and often and there was no need to utilize or jeopardize their best weapon in this situation.   Julio should go right back to what he does best this week, 10 grabs, for 115 yards and a TD.  If you’ve got the extra salary, it’s never a BAD idea to use Julio as your WR 1, and I have no problem with doing that again this week.  The SNEAKY play in this game, and one of my favorite plays of the week is Leonard Hankerson.  Last 3 games “Hank the Tank “ (Copywritten, Draftdemon Oct, 2015) has 225 yards and 2 TD’s.  Why I really like Hank this week is because the past two weeks, Washington’s opposing WR 2’s have been the most productive.  Riley Cooper had a game against them in Week 4, and Ruben Randle went house on them in Week 3.  If that trend continues, Hankerson could be looking at over 100 yards and a TD or 2.  TOP WR VALUE PLAY WEEK 5, Leonard “Hank the Tank” Hankerson.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment