Banner

Tuesday, April 7, 2015


TOP MLB VALUE PLAYS                                                                                        4/7/15

 

Jake Arrieta- SP CUBS- $8,400

Jake Arrieta shocked EVERYONE last year with an incredible 2014 campaign.  Those who say they saw it coming at that level are “Liars”.  He was possibly the top pitcher last year in comparison to where he was drafted in season long leagues last March.  I find it hard to believe that he could mimic last year’s numbers, but it’s possible.  I think his ERA will raise a bit, but his wins should too due to the improved Chicago Cub Offense.  Jake is also coming off a solid spring training, striking out 15 in 14 innings and keeping his ERA at 3.5.  Arrieta faces The Cardinals tonight.  Here is what He did last year against an almost identical starting lineup: 5 games, 29 innings pitched, 25 K’s, ERA.92, and WHIP of .95.  To say he OWNED St Louis, is an understatement.  It’s a little bit of a crap shoot when it comes to SP’s in April, it takes them some time to get in a groove, so anybody could blow up for the first couple of weeks, but I’m going with the guy that did some serious dominating last year.  If he can get 8K’s, and hold The Cards to 1 or 2 runs in 7 innings, I’ll be happy at this price.

 

Aaron Hill- 2B ARIZONA- $4,100

I’m not loving anyone at 2B tonight, so I will try to find some value at the position.  Like I said yesterday, this early in the season I use batter vs pitcher more than anything else.  The one guy who sticks out to me is Hill.  Hill faces Ryan Vogelsong tonight.  Hill has faced him 30 times in his career and has a ridiculous .467 against him.  14 hits in 30 Abs in CRAZY.  I have to put him in there and hope the trend continues at $4,100.  Voglesong can get rocked sometimes, and getting rocked in Arizona can be ugly.

 

Mike Zunino- C MARINERS- $3,900

I’m a complete sucker for young kids who can hit bombs, they might bat .205, but if they can crush it 470 feet, I’m buying their jersey.  That’s Zunino in a nutshell, boom or bust.  1 Home Run can make or break your lineup in DFS.   Big Z (that’s the name I’m giving him this season, you heard it here first), faces CJ Wilson tonight in Seattle.  Big Z has 10 at bats against CJ, and in that time he has 4 hits, 1 HR, 1 double, 4 RBI’s, 1 walk.  VERY SMALL sample size, but it’s how I predict in April.  I would be happy with 1 for 4 tonight with a moon shot.

 

TONS OF NBA AND MLB ACTION TONIGHT AT WWW.DRAFTDEMONS.COM 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment