Banner

Friday, April 10, 2015


Tonight’s MLB Value Picks              4/10/15

Ben Revere- OF Phillies -$4,500

Ben Revere will go against Gio Gonzalez tonight in Philly.  The name Gio Gonzalez doesn’t scare me like it did 2 or 3 years ago, he is still solid, but will never live up to the potential “Ace” status that we pegged him for not that long ago.  He will get the win tonight because The Phillies are “God Awful”, but they will hit him a little bit.  Revere will leadoff tonight and is ALWAYS a threat to get a couple of stolen bases.  If he can get a hit or two, a SB, and a run, he will be a value at $4,500.   Revere is 8 for 19 lifetime against Gio………………..

Pablo Sandoval – 3B- Red Sox - $5,000

Being from Boston, I have a certain love for all Red Sox players, but especially fat, likeable ones. I wish Kruk wore a Red Sox Jersey at some point in his career.   I really want Sandoval to have a monster season and spend the next 5 years in our uniform.  I usually try not to put hometown guys in Value Plays articles, but I have to tonight.  For this simple fact:  Panda faces Nate Eovaldi tonight at Yankee Stadium, Panda’s batter VS pitcher line looks like this: .727 average, 3 doubles, 1 HR, 9 RBI’s.  I challenge anyone to find a better B VS P line than that.  If he goes 0-4, I can’t be mad at myself, I followed the rules, and went with the ridiculous numbers, in a HR ball park.

Drew Pomeranz – SP A’s - $5,800

Not a great collection of Sp’s tonight.  No big K players out there, so its time to save some $4 and find some value.  Time to go to the stat line:  Pomeranz VS Seattle, 11 innings, 9 K’s, 0.82 ERA, 0.45 WHIP, opponent Ba .128.  Oakland is a pitchers park, those numbers are outstanding, I’m going with it

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment