Banner

Monday, January 4, 2016

A quick breakdown of my 50/50 lineup tonight.

First off, Westbrook will be owned in 80% of head to head and 50/50's tonight because Durant is already ruled out.  He should be owned this high, he will have a MONSTER night, but I'm going to actually skip him in my 50/50's.  He is just too expensive tonight, and chances are he will return value, but if he doesn't, kiss your entry fee goodbye.  The Kings are a MESS, Rondo and Cousins just don't care enough to put huge effort into ANYTHING.  Even with Durant out, there is a chance that OKC just torches these guys and holds a 20 plus point lead.  With Durant fragile right now, if the lead is huge (which is possible), we might see Waiters getting 25 minutes if they don't NEED Westbrook to win.  Its just too risky to base my entire night on him when there are other PG's in great situations.  I will play him in GPP's because there's a possibility he gets 75 points, but I will look elsewhere for my 50/50's.

Ricky Rubio $7100
Philly gives up points, not a secret.  I would LOVE Rubio tonight if Ish Smith was still a Pelican, but he's not.  I still think Rubio gets between 35-40 fantasy points tonight.  When Rubio is feeling it, he is an assist/ steal/ scoring machine.  I don't think he will be the #1 PG tonight, but I think he is safe enough to be my PG #1 in my 50/50's.

Andrew Wiggins $6400
Vegas says The Wolves score around 104 points tonight, Wiggins plays 38 mins a game lately, Cannan can't play defense, neither can any other SG that Philly will throw out there.  Wiggins is too cheap, he could be looking at 40 points tonight as well, I'm putting him in both my GPP's and 50/50's.

Gordo Hayward $7,500
Hayward has a GREAT matchup tonight against Ariza and The Rockets.  I REALLY think Favors sits again tonight, and Hayward's usage rate will be high.  Someone has to score for Utah, and I am not a believer in Hood or Trey Burke yet.  Hood has been hot, but he makes a better tourney play than a 50/50 tonight

Serge Ibaka- $6.300
Ibaka almost always plays 32 PLUS mins per game, he has a great matchup tonight, his usage rate will be up with Durant sidelined.  Again, he is too cheap to pass up at this price.  Ibaka is looking at a double-double this evening with a couple of steals and handful of blocks in there. 

Jeff Withey- $4,300
I'm kind of punting this position tonight.  Other than Brook Lopez, I am not in LOVE with any centers on the slate.  AGAIN, this is all based on Favors sitting tonight.  Fact is, Withey has averaged over 30 fantasy points the last 4 games, if he gets that again tonight, for $4300, its a STEAL.

Patty Mills- $3,700
The Chalk play tonight.  Parker out, The Bucks STINK against the PG, Mills might not get 40 tonight, but at this price, with this matchup, you kind of HAVE TO put him in there and hope he flirts with 30-35 points tonight.

L Aldridge- $6.700
Leonard is going to be HUGELY owned tonight, but he has burned me a couple of times in the past week.  He needs a 40 plus performance to return value tonight, and he is not currently on one of his hot streaks.  I'll take the value and hope Aldridge gets 35 tonight instead.  Whenever Parker or Duncan sits, Aldridge's fantasy production tends to drastically increase.

I. Thomas- $7,800
Celts will score tonight, the offense runs through Thomas.  Avery Bradley is out, Marcus Smart is not ready for 25 PLUS mins yet, Thomas has done really well against Brooklyn this season.  It also helps that he will face off against Shane Larkin with J Jack out for the season.  Thomas gets 40 tonight. (On a side note I think Evan Turner has a really nice game tonight as a great value play)

Check back and make sure Favors isn't playing tonight.  If he does, this lineup is null and void. 

No comments:

Post a Comment